Thursday, April 03, 2025

Sen. Go visits projects in Damulog, Bukidnon

Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go visited five key infrastructure projects in Damulog, Bukidnon, on September 16, 2023

Go visit the five completed projects, namely: the trading post/bagsakan center, which is worth Php1 million; the concreted streets and access roads, worth Php8 million; the solar street lights, worth Php5 million; the evacuation center (e-center), worth Php15 million; and the five-story multi-purpose building, worth Php40 million.

After the groundbreaking of the Super Health Center in Manolo Fortich in Bukidnon, Senator Bong Go went straight to the town of Damulog to visit and inspect the projects he supported for funding as Vice Chair of the Senate Committee on Finance.

He first visited the Bagsakan Center, a public market established to provide a centralized location for local farmers and vendors to sell their produce. The senator said that this is a step towards a more stable economy in Damulog. He added that he wants the public market to become a center of trade and opportunity for everyone.

After the market visit, Go then examined a road concreting project that aims to improve the transportation of goods and services and boost economic growth. He also went to the recently built evacuation center (e-center), where he led the ribbon-cutting ceremony.

The senator then went throughout the municipality, inspecting the solar street lights that had been installed. It is an initiative of the local government of Damulog in Bukidnon to promote renewable energy and public safety.

For his last stop, Go inspected the five-story multi-purpose building that will serve as a community center and the offices of various government offices.

Damulog Mayor Mel Buro thanked Go for his effort to make these key infrastructure projects possible. Go also met with some local mayors from Misamis Oriental and Bukidnon while he was in Damulog.

In his speech, Go also advised those with health concerns to visit the Malasakit Center located at Bukidnon Provincial Hospital in Maramag and the nearby centers at Northern Mindanao Medical Center and J.R. Borja General Hospital in Cagayan de Oro City.

To date, 159 Malasakit Centers are operational across the country to assist with patients’ medical expenses. He said that of the 40 Malasakit centers in Mindanao, seven are in Northern Mindanao. When asked how many super health centers are planned to be built in Bukidnon, he answered 11.

Sen. Go said that for the years 2022–2023, they plan to build 600 Malasakit centers throughout the country. The super health center is a medium-sized polyclinic that offers a wide range of services, including giving birth, laboratory testing, x-rays, dental care, and minor surgical procedures. (MG Mayumi B. Madera)

Mga kanhing miyembro sa Bukidnon Media, gihatagan sa posthumous award

Mukabat sa 37 ka kanhing miyembro sa Bukidnon Media ang gihatagan sa posthumous award niadtong Septiyembre 8, 2023

Ang pasidungog gihatag isip pag-ila sa ilang kontribusyon sa Probinsya sa Bukidnon isip miyembro sa print ug broadcast media diha sa paghatod sa mga balita.

Ang awarding gipahigayon sa hapon didto sa Kaamulan Open Theatre, Kaamulan Park, Malaybalay City.

Ang award gidawat sa miyembro sa pamilya sa mga nasampit nga kanhing media.

Pipila kanila mao si kanhi Central Mindanao Newswatch publisher Pepito Maguale Sr., kanhi konsehal sa Malaybalay nga si Dioscoro Pontillas sa DXDB, kanhi station manager sa RMN Malaybalay nga si Angelito “Boy” Paraguya, kanhi station manager sa Radyo Natin Manolo nga si Milky Lozarita, ug kanhi commentator sa DXGT Radyo Abante sa Valencia kinsa gipusil patay nga si Joas Dignos.

Ang kalihokan alayon sa unang gipahigayon nga Bukidnon Press Freedom Week.

Kini naka-angkla sa napirmahan nga RA 11699 ni kanhi Presidente Rodrigo Duterte nga nagdeklara sa Agosto traynta sa matag tuig isip “National Press Freedom Day”.

Naghatag kini og pag-ila kang Marcelo H. Del Pilar, isip amahan sa Philippine Journalism. (MG Mayumi B. Madera)

Statistical exhibit opens PSA’s 10th-anniversary celebration in NorMin

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – To continue providing statistical services to the people in the region, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)-10 kicked off its 10th anniversary celebration in Northern Mindanao with a statistical exhibit on September 5

With the theme “PSA@10: Providing Quality Service through Digital Transformation,” the celebration aims to foster and celebrate PSA’s achievements over the past decade. It also emphasizes the agency’s enhanced cooperation and partnerships with other government agencies and local government units.

As another year begins for PSA, Janith C. Aves, PSA-10 officer-in-charge, assured the public that PSA’s data dissemination and civil registration functions will be further enhanced with innovative approaches. It includes the integration of the latest technology into data-gathering procedures.

“PSA strives to implement strategies to improve using the latest state-of-the-art technologies to deliver quality output. It proves that PSA also embraces innovations to provide better quality services, not just to deliver its functions but to serve the Philippines by embracing the modern world,” she said.

Cagayan de Oro City Councilor lawyer James Judith said in a message that as society moves toward a data-driven culture, the role of PSA-10 has become increasingly vital to policy-making, similar to that of the National Economic and Development Authority.

As part of the celebration, PSA-10 offers a nine-day civil registration and PhilSys ID application services to complement the statistical exhibit to streamline the processing, reduce the usual processing time at the main office, and accommodate walk-in inquiries for added convenience to mallgoers.

Aves also committed to much-improved and more efficient services and data dissemination forums in the coming years. (DCC/PIA-10)

NorMin rice farmers to benefit from DA’s cash assistance

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The Department of Agriculture – Regional Field Office 10 (DA-RFO 10) is set to distribute around 6,497 cash cards for its sixth batch of the Rice Competitiveness Enhancement Fund – Rice Farmers’ Financial Assistance in Northern Mindanao through DA-10 Regional Executive Director Carlene C. Collado

Said cash cards were turned over by Northern Mindanao area manager William B. Parantar of the Universal Storefront Services, Corp. to DA-10 Regional Technical Director for Operations Carlota S. Madriaga and DA-10 Rice program coordinator Chona H. Nacalaban.

Using the cash cards, eligible rice farmers will receive P5K cash assistance under the RCEF-RFFA as stipulated under the Rice Tariffication Law (RTL).

This initiative aims to help cushion the impact among rice farmers, especially on increasing production costs, thereby lowering rice prices. (DA RFO-10)

Exit con for participatory monitoring, tracking of projects conducted in NorMin

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The Department of Agriculture – Regional Field Office 10 (DA-RFO 10) and the Regional Agricultural and Fishery Council (RAFC) conducted an exit conference for the joint Philippine Council for Agriculture and Fisheries (PCAF) and AFCs to monitor and track the progress of DA-funded programs and projects on September 1, 2023, in this city

Said conference aims to enhance transparency, accountability, and efficiency in implementing various DA-funded agricultural and fisheries projects.

The provincial AFCs of Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental, Bukidnon, and Misamis Oriental presented their respective updates.

DA-10 Regional Executive Director Carlene C. Collado emphasized the significance of the participatory approach in promoting inclusivity and empowering local communities.

“The joint effort between PCAF and AFCs has allowed us to gather valuable insights directly from the communities that are benefiting from our programs. Feedback enables us [in the agency] to make informed decisions and adjustments to serve better the needs of our farmers and fisherfolk in Northern Mindanao,” said Director Collado.

During the conference, participants reviewed the outcomes of the Participatory Monitoring Process, which involves engaging local communities and stakeholders in assessing the impact and effectiveness of DA-funded initiatives.

This ensures that the interventions provided align with the needs and priorities of target agri-fishery communities.

The body further agreed that DA must revalidate the projects monitored, particularly those with issues and concerns that must be addressed.

Present during the activity are Cyril L. Soliaban, officer-in-charge, deputy executive director of PCAF, RAFC 10 chair Nilda B. Salas and staff, DA-10 officials and programs staff, and other AFCs across NorMin. (DA RFO-10)

DA-NorMin intensifies joint disease surveillance on Pestalotiopsis leaf fall disease of rubber

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The Department of Agriculture – RFO 10 in coordination with the Philippine Rubber Research Institute (PRRI), Bureau of Plant Industry – Plant Quarantine Service (BPI-PQS) and Crop Pest Management Division (CPMD) and High-Value Crops Development Program (HVCDP) strengthened the surveillance operations to detect the incidence and track the spread of Pestalotiopsis Leaf Fall Disease of rubber in some areas in Bukidnon

The convergence efforts of DA-10 helmed by Regional Executive Director Carlene C. Collado through its HVCDP, the Regional Crop Protection Center (RCPC), Regulatory and Field Operations divisions with the Provincial Agriculture Office of Bukidnon involved the local authorities, rubber farmers, and agricultural experts from DA-HVCDP through Engr. Jose Zalde B. Samsom, Jr., CFIDP focal.

PRRI Sr. Science Research Specialist Jill D. Villanueva said that the coordination efforts aim to mitigate the disease, which is fungal and caused by a pathogen called Pestalotiopsis sp.

She stressed the importance of collaborative efforts in addressing plant diseases threatening the region’s rubber production.

Bukidnon is a primary rubber-producing province in Northern Mindanao, contributing to the region’s overall rubber production of 13,378 metric tons with a total area planted of 7,400 hectares.

BPI PQS Cagayan de Oro City OIC Arnold S. Dela Cruz, Jr. highlighted the importance of safeguarding rubber crops and other valuable commodities.

Said rubber disease, if left unchecked, may cause leaf defoliation or falling of leaves and may result in reduced productivity in the worst affected areas.

In response to the growing concerns regarding the protection of rubber plantations in Bukidnon, the Provincial Governor issued an E.O no 26 series of 2023, an order banning the transport outside, sale of seedlings, or planting materials.

During the coordination meeting, the team discussed possible actions to be taken and recommendations to mitigate the said disease. (DA RFO-10)

Northern Mindanao records 5.77% drop in crime volume

NORTHERN Mindanao has recorded a decline of 5.77 percent in crime volume from January to July 2023 compared to the same period in 2018, the Police Regional Office (PRO) reported

According to PRO-Northern Mindanao Chief PBGen Lawrence Coop, from January to July 2023, the latest crime data showed that the total crime incidents have dropped to 8,667 compared to 2018’s 9,198 incidents covering the same period.

The region also saw a 3.54 percent decrease in crimes under eight focus crime and 2,420 anti-illegal drug operations conducted, which resulted in 2,696 drug personalities arrested and 1,539 drug cases filed in court.

Likewise, the PRO-Northern Mindanao seized 8,539 grams of shabu and 23,567 grams of marijuana with a total street value of P60,900,007.80.

Of the 1,866 drug-affected barangays in Northern Mindanao, 1,462 were already drug-cleared.

The PRO-Northern Mindanao also arrested 1,321 most wanted persons, one most wanted person with a reward, and 3,574 other perpetrators.

The police regional office also apprehended 1,313 persons for illegal gambling, confiscated P345,000 bet money, and filed 55 cases in court.

“PRO-10 (Northern Mindanao) was scored as highly satisfied by the 7,430 respondents in a study by the University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines for the first semester of 2023 regarding trust, respect, and community satisfaction with police service,” Coop said.

“Likewise, PRO-10 received ratings of 91 percent on trust, 92 percent on respect, 89 percent on safety, and 93 percent on satisfaction from 1,200 respondents in a separate study done by the Mindanao Development Authority for the second quarter of 2023,” he added. (Jo Ann Sablad/Sunstar)

Bukidnon’s commitment to NorMin’s Development: A roadmap to progress

MALAYBALAY CITY, Bukidnon – The provincial government of Bukidnon, led by Governor Rogelio Neil P. Roque, has strongly affirmed its commitment and support for the Northern Mindanao Regional Development Plan (NMRDP) 2023-2028

It was reiterated during the NMRDP 2023-2028 Roadshow on September 5 at the Kaamulan Folk Arts Theater in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.

In his message, Governor Roque emphasized the province’s determination to excel in governance and regional progress.

He urged all agencies to follow the “game plan” outlined in the NMRDP and work together as a united force to achieve the province’s goals and contribute to the broader ambitions of AmBisyon Natin 2040.

“Bukidnon is fully committed to following this game plan because we recognize its immense benefits for our province and the whole region. As an agricultural province, our goal extends beyond merely modernizing agriculture; we aspire to bring about a transformative change for our farmers,” Roque said.

The NMRDP 2023-2028 has identified several priority areas for development in Bukidnon. These include public health, education, the creation of livable communities, ensuring food security and proper nutrition, modernizing agriculture and agri-business, revitalizing industry, promoting trade and investments, improving transportation, enhancing water resources-related facilities, and addressing various social, economic, macro, and infrastructure sectors.

Dreaming big for Northern Mindanao 2040

Regional Director Myla Faye Aurora B. Cariño of the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA)-10 and Vice Chairperson of the Regional Development Council (RDC-10) articulated the region’s vision for 2040.

She emphasized the goal of establishing Northern Mindanao as a center for inclusive growth, with a primary focus on enhancing major gateways, ensuring agricultural sustainability, and fostering industrial development, all while prioritizing the people’s welfare.

“We want Region 10 to be an international gateway, leading agricultural hub, and major industrial, tourism, and trade center in the Philippines,” Cariño said.

The NMRDP 2023-2028 serves as a roadmap for Northern Mindanao to regain its path to progress and continue reducing poverty and unemployment during the administration of President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. (BGE/PIA-10/Bukidnon)

PNP chief orders stringent monitoring of poll hotspots

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Philippine National Police chief Gen. Benjamin Acorda Jr. said last Sept. 01, 2023, that the country’s police force has been put on heightened alert, with a focus on monitoring election hotspots

During his visit to the Police Regional Office in Northern Mindanao (PRO-10), Acorda said the deployment of police personnel in checkpoints will be increased to prevent any major disruptions in peace and order.

“We have been in coordination meetings with police offices and the Comelec (Commission on Elections) and we want this election (season) peaceful and orderly,” Acorda said in a press briefing during his visit to the Police Regional Office in Northern Mindanao (PRO-10) headquarters for the 122nd Police Service Anniversary.

On Aug. 28, during the first day of filing of candidacy for the elections, a joint police-military operation resulted in the recovery of two heavy pipes containing suspected improvised explosive devices in Pantar town, Lanao del Norte.

Acorda, who once served as the PRO-10 director, underscored the importance of unity and cooperation between the police force and the community in making the streets safer and more secure.

“Let us remember that this success is not the result of the work of a few, but the collective efforts of a united force,” he said.

Acorda also led the awarding of distinguished police officers and stations in the region as part of the ceremony. (Nef Luczon/PNA)

Gallant troops, civilian personnel honored on National Heroes Day

The 4th Infantry (Diamond) Division celebrated National Heroes Day by honoring its troops and civilian personnel for their gallantry in combat and performing exceptional duty for non-combat operations, respectively, during a simple awarding ceremony at the 4ID Headquarters, Camp Evangelista, Patag, Cagayan de Oro City on August 28, 2023

Major General Jose Maria R Cuerpo II, Commander of the 4th Infantry (Diamond) Division, led the whole Diamond troopers in honoring seventeen (17) awardees composed of civilian human resource and troops coming from 4ID subordinate units as well as attached units deployed within the area of responsibility of 4ID in Caraga and Northern Mindanao region in time for the celebration of National Heroes Day.

Ten (10) were awarded Military Merit Medal with Bronze Spearhead Device for bravery and heroic achievements in fighting the communist terrorist group in their areas of operation, one (1) was awarded the Military Merit Medal with Bronze Spearhead Device Interim to Gold Cross Medal and two (2) members of the Philippine Air Force, as attached unit under the Joint Task Force Diamond, were also awarded with Military Merit Medal with Bronze Spearhead Device Interim to Distinguish Aviation Cross.

Moreover, three (3) troops were also awarded with Silver Cross Medal for imminently meritorious and invaluable accomplishments as a result of the separate successful implementation of intelligence operations that led to the neutralization through surrender and capture of CPP-NPA Terrorists (CNTs) and numerous high-powered firearms.

Meanwhile, Mr. Ervin Andrew A. Yano, a Civilian Human Resource of 4ID working as a Nurse at Camp Evangelista Station Hospital, was also honored and feted with a Plaque of Recognition for displaying an act of heroism and compassion by exerting extraordinary effort above and beyond his regular duties and responsibilities in saving the life of a teenager by preventing a suicide attempt at Jr. Borja Bridge in Cagayan de Oro City.

In his message, MGen. Cuerpo II said that 4ID’s celebration of National Heroes Day is about recognizing soldiers and other personnel who went above and beyond their call of duty to protect the people and secure the communities, as well as acknowledging the contribution of brave soldiers who offered an ultimate sacrifice in performing their mandate.

“I would like to personally congratulate all of you for demonstrating exceptional courage and bravery in serving your roles in our society, which resulted in laudable accomplishments of your respective units and the Armed Forces of the Philippines as a whole. This day is all about acknowledging your efforts and highlighting the sacrifices that you made. But do not lower your guards, instead use this recognition as an inspiration to do more good deeds for the betterment of our nation,” MGen. Cuerpo added. (4ID)