Share this post?
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – An overseas Filipino worker from Impasug-ong town in Bukidnon province has requested repatriation from war-torn Sudan
Overseas Workers Welfare Administration-Northern Mindanao (Region 10) Director Harry Borres confirmed that there is one OFW from Bukidnon awaiting evacuation from Sudan.
Borres did identify the OFW.
He assured assistance to the OFW but said they are still “waiting for the fund and a copy of the guidelines” from the OWWA central office regarding financial aid for the Bukidnon OFW’s family.
Department of Migrant Workers (DMW) Secretary Susan “Toots” Ople had earlier assured financial assistance for the families of OFWs in Sudan apart from the $200 financial aid for the workers.
Officials from the Department of Foreign Affairs, DMW, and OWWA welcomed the first 17 repatriated OFWs from Sudan who initially sought refuge in Athens, Greece, and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on April 29.
Borres said the Bukidnon OFW is not yet on the list of those repatriated from Sudan.
“The name of the worker is not yet on the list of repatriated OFWs from Sudan. Maybe it is still in the (Philippine) embassy in Cairo,” Borres said.
Borres did not divulge further information about the Bukidnon OFW. (Franck Dick Rosete/Manila Bulletin)