Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Local

Comelec confiscates campaign materials in Bukidnon

0

Central Mindanao Newswatch - local newspaper

Share this post?

Valencia City, Bukidnon — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) in Valencia City, Bukidnon confiscated nearly a thousand illegal campaign materials for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) during simultaneous operations on October 22 this year

Despite repeated warnings, some candidates and their supporters continued to defy rules on posting posters and other campaign paraphernalia only in designated areas.

The local Comelec office also said 18 candidates have already received show cause orders for premature campaigning.

Earlier this month, the Comelec held a candidates’ forum at the Valencia City gym addressing its rules and policies, highlighted by the agency’s Kontra Bigay campaign against vote-buying and vote-selling.

Provincial Comelec Supervisor Atty. Aleli Dayo-Ramirez urged all aspirants in Bukidnon to take precautions and not violate election guidelines to avoid penalties.

She said candidates from the towns of Cabanglasan, Quezon, Malitbog, and Maramag have been accused of illegal campaigning.

Candidates are prohibited from donating or distributing anything of value during and after the campaign, including t-shirts, ballers, and bags. Providing food, beverages, and transportation are also not allowed. (Melchor Velez/CNN Philippines)

Related Post

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR-10) is turning forest-dependent communities in Northern Mindanao into environmental partners through livelihood and reforestation programs In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to balance environmental protection and economic growth, DENR-10 hires residents for tree planting and maintenance and helps them secure...
MALAYBALAY CITY (BukidnonNews.Net / 12 May 2026) — Bukidnon lawmakers joined the House of Representatives in voting on the impeachment case against Vice President Sara Duterte after 257 lawmakers approved Committee Report No. 261, transmitting the articles of impeachment to the Senate for trial The House conducted a nominal voting during plenary session Monday, with...
TALAKAG, Bukidnon — About 2,000 families in Talakag town received subsidized rice on May 1 under the national government’s “Benteng Bigas Meron Na!” program, alongside a vegetable distribution activity led by the Office of the President As part of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s food security initiative, the rollout helps vulnerable households access affordable staples amid...