Saturday, November 29, 2025

Local

NPA couple, injured female combatant surrender in Bukidnon

0

Central Mindanao Newswatch - local newspaper

Share this post?

MALAYBALAY CITY, Bukidnon (Jan. 02, 2024) – A rebel couple and a wounded female combatant of the communist New People’s Army (NPA) surrendered to the military last week in the southern part of Bukidnon

In a statement, the 10th Infantry Division said the couple surrendered to its field unit, the 1003rd Infantry (Raptor) Brigade at Brgy. Kahusayan, Kitaotao, Bukidnon on Dec. 31, 2023.

The duo were identified as Marjun Otag, also known as Dante/Egale/Bukol, 34, and his party wife Nelly Erespi Otag, 20, also known as Marlyn/Cris.

Otag is the squad leader of Squad 2 and a resident of Sitio Bagong Silang, Brgy. Kahusayan, Kitaotao, Bukidnon.

Meanwhile, Nelly is a squad medic and a resident of Sitio Malungon, Brgy. Kalagangan, San Fernando, Bukidnon.

The third rebel was identified as Emmely Banahan, 18, also known as Yolanda/IG, and a resident of Brgy. Busdi, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.

Banahan surrendered two days later after the couple yielded due to injuries on her left leg sustained from focused military operations done by 1003rd IB in the same town.

The trio were under the NPA’s Sub-Regional Sentro De Grabidad Peddler of the North Central Mindanao Regional Committee (SRSDG Peddler, NCMRC).

Brig. General Allan D. Hambala, 10th ID commander expressed his satisfaction with the rebels for heeding the call to surrender instead of evading government forces and choosing to fight back. (melbmadera)

Related Post

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (November 20, 2025, 7:58 pm) – Bukidnon province observed National Children’s Month this November by reaffirming its commitment to enforce laws against the production of Child Sexual Abuse or Exploitation Material (CSAEM) and the cases of online sexual abuse or exploitation of children (OSAEC) In the province’s Malaybalay City on Thursday,...
MALAYBALAY CITY, Bukidnon (09:45 PM November 22, 2025) — The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Revenue District Office (RDO) No. 99 ramped up its year-end tax compliance campaign aimed at strengthening taxpayer awareness and improving accuracy in financial reporting ahead of the close of the fiscal year RDO 99 held several sessions that drew business...
MANILA, Philippines (November 21, 2025 | 12:00am) — A temporary detour along a collapsed road section in Quezon, Bukidnon has been opened to motorists, according to the Department of Public Works and Highways The DPWH said the opening of the temporary road in Barangay Palacapao allows limited passage for motorists and residents while repair is...