Saturday, January 28, 2023

DA-10 continues rollout of financial aid to Bukidnon rice farmers

Kibawe, Bukidnon – A total of 3,472 rice farmers in the towns of Kibawe, Dangcagan, Kadingilan, Don Carlos, and Pangantucan in Bukidnon received P5,000 in cash aid on January 11-13, as the Department of Agriculture – Region 10 (DA-10) continue rolling out the Rice Farmers Financial Assistance (RFFA) in said localities, for the 2022-2023 dry cropping season

The RFFA is given to smallholder rice farmers tilling rice areas not exceeding two hectares and registered to the Registry System for Basic Sectors in Agriculture (RSBSA), the DA’s official registry of farmers, fisherfolk, and farm laborers.

According to DA-10 OIC- Regional Executive Director Carlene C. Collado, the agency is fast-tracking the RFFA distribution to the rice farmers in Northern Mindanao in the aftermath of shear line to agricultural areas in the region late last year, and the continuing weather disturbance early in 2023.

“We intend to roll out the RFFA in the fastest way we can. We assure our RFFA beneficiaries they will receive their aid as soon as we have ironed out our coordination with the LGUs,” Collado said.

For the 2022-2023 Dry Cropping Season, the DA-10 has allocated Php237-M funds for the RFFA to benefit 46,161 eligible rice farmers across the region.

The RFFA is funded under the Rice Competitiveness Enhance Fund (RCEF) by virtue of the Rice Tariffication Law (RTL) and is intended to compensate for the increasing farm inputs prices and fluctuating palay buying prices.

With the RFFA, it is hoped that the rice farmers will be able to sustain their farm production and augment their earnings. (DA RFO-10)

105 ka FRs sa Valencia City miyembro na sa PhilHealth

VALENCIA CITY, Bukidnon (PIA)–Siyento singko (105) ka mga kanhi rebelde sa New People’s Army sa syudad sa Valencia, Bukidnon ang miyembro na sa PhilHealth dihang nakadawat sila sa ilang Member’s Data Records (MDRs) ug ID cards niadtong Enero 11.

Si Regional Vice President Delio A. Aseron sa PhilHealth Northern Mindanao miingon nga gusto sa gobyerno nga ipakita ang patas nga serbisyo sa tanang Pilipino.

“Kayo po aming mga kapatid na mga ‘former rebels’ ang importanteng bisita ngayon dahil dito po nais ipakita ng ating pamahalaan na tayo ay iisa—pantay-pantay po tayo. Dahil kung tayo ay magkakasakit pantay tayong makalatag sa banig ng karamdaman,” matud ni Aseron.

Gipasabot ni Aseron sa mga kanhi rebelde nga dako kaayo kini nga tabang tungod kay matud niya “Napakahirap magkasakit. Magkaproblema tayo sa gastusin at diyan po papasok ang tulong pinansyal ng PhilHealth. Bagamat bawat sakit ay may corresponding na halaga, ang importante po ay wala na tayong mga kababayan na mangamba na pumunta sa hospital dahil may programa ang PhilHealth. May katuwang na kayo sa gastusin.”

Samtang si Romulo Lapuz Jr, ang Chief sa PhilHealth Bukidnon, miingon nga ang tanang Pilipino mahimong miyembro sa PhilHealth. Busa gidasig niya ang ubang pang mga kanhi rebelde nga wala pa makaparehistro nga dili magduha-duha sa pag-adto sa ilang buhatan tungod kay andam ang PhilHealth nga mo-giya ug motabang kanila sa pagpa-enrol aron mahimong miyembro sa PhilHealth.

Dako ang pasalamat ni Marestela Bitago ngadto sa PhilHealth. Miingon siya nga makapatambal na sila sa lain-laing hospital gamit ang ilang PhilHealth ID cards.

“Nalipay ko’g dako kay sulod sa pito ka tuig sa akong pagka-aktibista, karon nako napamatud-an nga naa gyud ang tabang sa gobyerno, labi na sa mga kabus. PhilHealth member na ko karon. Dako kaayo ni ug ikatabang sa akong pamilya. Busa nagpasalamat ko’g dako sa Philhealth,” dugang ni Bitago. (BGE/PIA 10-Bukidnon)

12 ka mga FR nakadawat og P360K livelihood kits gikan sa DOLE-10

MALITBOG, Bukidnon (PIA)–Nagdala og bag-ong pagla-um ang bag-ong tuig tungod kay ang 12 ka mga kanhi rebelde ubos sa ‘Hinanaling Tabang’ sa 16th Infantry (Maglilingkod) Battalion nakadawat og livelihood starter kits gikan sa Department of Labor and Employment–Region 10 (DOLE-10) sa pakigtambayayong sa Malitbog local government unit (LGU), Enero 6.

Matag usa kanila nakadawat sa tag P30,000 nga kantidad sa livelihood starter kits para sa Rice Trading nga gihatag pinaagi sa DOLE Integrated Livelihood Program (DILP).

Ang DILP usa sa mga programa sa DOLE nga nagsuporta sa pagpatuman sa Executive Order No. 70 (EO 70) sa pag-institutionalize sa Whole-of-Nation Approach nga nagtumong sa pagtabang sa mga ‘marginalized groups’ pinaagi sa paghatag ug malungtarong kita.

Si Gergie Liponhay aka Jayto, kanhi commander sa New People’s Army (NPA) ug usa sa mga nakadawatsa maong tabang, nipadayag sa iyang pasalamat sa gobyerno ug nag-awhag sa iyang kanhing mga kauban nga mobiya na sa armadong pakigbisog ug mopahimulos sa serbisyo nga gikan sa gobyerno.

“Kami nagpasalamat ug dako sa gobyerno tungod kay nagpakabana sila sa amo. Tungod kay naa nay presensya ang gobyerno, dili nami mobalik sa bukid. Gi-awhag namo ang among mga kauban nga naa pa karon sa kabukiran nga mana-og na tungod kay dili kita pasagdan sa atong gobyerno,” panawagan ni Liponhay.

Ang ‘Hinanaling Tabang o Dinalian nga Tabang’ sa 16th Infantry Battalion maoy usa sa labing maayong gawi sa unit nga nagsilbi sa mga kanhi rebelde pinaagi sa paghatag ug kapuy-an ug akomodasyon, sustento sa pagkaon, livelihood packages, ug pagpadali sa ilang pagpalista sa Enhanced-Comprehensive Local Integration Program kon E-CLIP.

Uban sa padayon nga panawagan alang sa kalinaw, ang 16IB padayon nga nakigtambayayong sa lain-laing ahensya sa gobyerno aron matabangan ang mga kanhing rebelde nga magsugod ug mahiusa pag-usab sa katilingban. (BGE/PIA-10/Bukidnon)

105 ka FRs sa Valencia City miyembro na sa PhilHealth

VALENCIA CITY, Bukidnon (PIA)–Siyento singko (105) ka mga kanhi rebelde sa New People’s Army sa syudad sa Valencia, Bukidnon ang miyembro na sa PhilHealth dihang nakadawat sila sa ilang Member’s Data Records (MDRs) ug ID cards niadtong Enero 11.

Si Regional Vice President Delio A. Aseron sa PhilHealth Northern Mindanao miingon nga gusto sa gobyerno nga ipakita ang patas nga serbisyo sa tanang Pilipino.

“Kayo po aming mga kapatid na mga ‘former rebels’ ang importanteng bisita ngayon dahil dito po nais ipakita ng ating pamahalaan na tayo ay iisa—pantay-pantay po tayo. Dahil kung tayo ay magkakasakit pantay tayong makalatag sa banig ng karamdaman,” matud ni Aseron.

Gipasabot ni Aseron sa mga kanhi rebelde nga dako kaayo kini nga tabang tungod kay matud niya “Napakahirap magkasakit. Magkaproblema tayo sa gastusin at diyan po papasok ang tulong pinansyal ng PhilHealth. Bagamat bawat sakit ay may corresponding na halaga, ang importante po ay wala na tayong mga kababayan na mangamba na pumunta sa hospital dahil may programa ang PhilHealth. May katuwang na kayo sa gastusin.”

Samtang si Romulo Lapuz Jr, ang Chief sa PhilHealth Bukidnon, miingon nga ang tanang Pilipino mahimong miyembro sa PhilHealth. Busa gidasig niya ang ubang pang mga kanhi rebelde nga wala pa makaparehistro nga dili magduha-duha sa pag-adto sa ilang buhatan tungod kay andam ang PhilHealth nga mo-giya ug motabang kanila sa pagpa-enrol aron mahimong miyembro sa PhilHealth.

Dako ang pasalamat ni Marestela Bitago ngadto sa PhilHealth. Miingon siya nga makapatambal na sila sa lain-laing hospital gamit ang ilang PhilHealth ID cards.

“Nalipay ko’g dako kay sulod sa pito ka tuig sa akong pagka-aktibista, karon nako napamatud-an nga naa gyud ang tabang sa gobyerno, labi na sa mga kabus. PhilHealth member na ko karon. Dako kaayo ni ug ikatabang sa akong pamilya. Busa nagpasalamat ko’g dako sa Philhealth,” dugang ni Bitago. (BGE/PIA 10-Bukidnon)

4 NorMin cops who tested positive for drug use face dismissal

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The chief of the Police Regional Office in Northern Mindanao (PRO-10) on January 18, vowed to dismiss police officers who tested positive for illegal drug use.

Brig. Gen. Lawrence Coop PRO-10 director, said four police officers are set to be dismissed for illegal drug use, the latest of whom is assigned to Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental.

“We recorded this in 2022, and they will also face administrative charges,” he said during a media forum here, referring to the erring police officers.

Coop said most of the administrative cases in the region are related to the use of illegal drugs following the series of random and unannounced drug testing.

Drug testing will continue for this year, he said, noting that it has always been part of the internal operations of the Philippine National Police (PNP).

“The community wants to see a truly transformed PNP; a police service that is highly capable, effective, and credible; and a police force that can always be counted on at all times,” Coop said.

Coop also urged all key officers to exert more effort in the fight against all forms of criminality, especially illegal drugs and terrorism. (Nef Luczon/PNA)

5 NorMin, Lanao Sur execs among ‘top performers’ in 2022

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Five public officials in the Northern Mindanao region and Lanao del Sur province were named among the “Top Performers” in local governance during the second half of 2022 after the national and local elections.

A statement from the data analytics firm RP-Mission and Development Foundation Inc. (RPMD) on Jan. 15, said they are Misamis Occidental 2nd District Rep. Sancho Fernando Oaminal, Lanao del Sur 1st District Rep. Ziaur-Rahman Alonto-Adiong, Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental Mayor Henry Oaminal Jr., Misamis Oriental Gov. Peter Unabia and Misamis Occidental Gov. Henry Oaminal Sr.

Rep. Oaminal placed fifth among top performers in the House of Representatives with a 90 percent rating, while Adiong placed 10th with a 78 percent rating.

“Para na sa inyoha, mga pinalangga namong Misamisnons! Padayon ang atong pagpaningkamot para sa #AsensoOzamiz (This is for you, our beloved Misamisnons! We continue to strive hard for the #AsensoOzamiz development agenda),” he said in his Facebook post, reacting to the results.

Oaminal Jr. placed in the 9th spot for top-performing city mayors with 80 percent, and both Unabia and Oaminal Sr. placed sixth in the governor’s category with an 85 percent rating.

Dr. Paul Martinez, the focal person of RPMD, said these public officials who excelled in “constituent service” and service to the nation should be congratulated for their exceptional performance.

The independent and non-commissioned “Boses ng Bayan” national performance evaluation survey for the year 2022 was done from Nov. 27 to Dec. 2, 2022.

Among the 65.75 million registered voters between 18 and 70, a total of 10,000 respondents were selected. The sample employed a plus-or-minus 1 percent margin of error and a degree of confidence of 95 percent.

Martinez said respondents were chosen randomly, and the number of respondents was distributed proportionally based on the number of registered voters in each area. (Nef Luczon/PNA)

LPA leaves 7 dead, P22-M worth of damage in NorMin

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – The two-week rains caused by a low-pressure area (LPA) in Northern Mindanao affected 59,000 individuals, left seven dead, and damaged more than PHP22 million worth of properties.

 

In the initial report by the Region 10 Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (RDRRMC-10) on January 15, 15,812 families experienced flooding.

In evacuation centers throughout the region, only 4,432 individuals or 1,227 families have remained as of Sunday out of the 31,353 individuals or 8,621 families who sought shelter within the two weeks period.

The seven dead were from the provinces of Lanao del Norte, four; Misamis Oriental, two; and Misamis Occidental, one.

RDRRMC-10 also recorded five injured and two missing persons.

The initial estimate of damaged houses reached PHP2.1 million, damage to infrastructures PHP20.8 million, and damage to agriculture PHP63.7 million.

Department of Agriculture-10 (DA-10) will provide PHP5,000 in financial assistance to rice farmers in February, to be sourced from the Rice Competitiveness Enhancement Fund.

“We will (also) be distributing the fertilizer discount vouchers for the whole region, which total around PHP192 million. And for the RFFA (Rice Farmers Financial Assistance), we have PHP96 million to be disbursed and the funds are already deposited with the DBP (Development Bank of the Philippines) account,” DA-10 executive director Carlene Collado said during the visit of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Jan. 11.

Marcos directed the Department of Public Works and Highways to review flood control measures.

Gratitude

Heavily affected Misamis Occidental and Misamis Oriental experienced a repeat of nature’s wrath that submerged parts of the provinces on Christmas Eve last year.

Victims of the twin calamities were relieved to receive government aid.

“I am glad about the help extended to us, especially since we almost had nothing (salvaged from the flood),” Erminia Bernaldes said in the vernacular during the distribution of PHP5,000 in cash assistance and food packs in Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental, led by President Marcos.

Rolly Egoc of Oroquieta City, Misamis Occidental, said his house in Barangay Talic was washed away on Dec. 26, 2022.

“We don’t have a house anymore, so we went to the barangay for refuge. I am now 55 years old and it is only now that I experienced this flood,” he said.

Given a chance to talk to the President, he said he would request assistance to rebuild his house. (Nef Luczon/PNA)

New Year revelries ‘peaceful’ in Northern Mindanao

The Police Regional Office in Region 10 ( has reported zero incidents of firecracker-related injuries as well as indiscriminate firing during the New Year.

New Year revelries ‘peaceful’ in Northern Mindanao
Fireworks explode over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House in the midnight display during New Year’s Eve celebrations. Getty Images

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (Jan. 01, 2020) – The Police Regional Office in Region 10 (PRO-10) has reported zero incidents of firecracker-related injuries as well as indiscriminate firing during the New Year revelries.

This despite the seizure of illegal firecrackers and pyrotechnics by the various police units around Northern Mindanao, PRO-10 said in a statement on January 1.
Brig. Gen. Rolando Anduyan, PRO-10 director, described the New Year celebration as “peaceful and injury-free,” thanking the public for cooperating with authorities.
Anduyan, however, noted that PRO-10 recorded two cases of “illegal discharge of firearms” in Camiguin and Bukidnon provinces, resulting in the seizure of two calibers .45 pistols and ammunition.

PRO-10 said the two suspects were all drunk during the incidents, and appropriate charges have been filed against them.

As of 6 a.m. on January 1, PRO-10 said police in the region seized hundreds of illegal firecrackers in the Misamis Oriental towns of Opol, Villanueva, Manticao, and Magsaysay; in Misamis Occidental cities of Ozamiz and Tangub City; and in Bukidnon city of Valencia.

Anduyan said PRO-10 deployed around 1,304 police officers on the field for general law enforcement and public safety duties. (Nef Luczon/PNA)