Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Local

Vice Mayor of Valencia contracts Covid-19

0

Central Mindanao Newswatch - local newspaper

Share this post?

MALAYBALAY CITY (May 19) – Valencia City Vice Mayor Policarpo P. Murillo IV tested positive for Covid-19, the city’s spokesperson said.

Mr. Samuel Langub, public information officer of Valencia City on May 19 said Dr. Murillo is confined at Bukidnon Provincial Medical Center (BPMC) in Malaybalay since last week.

He said the Vice Mayor is symptomatic with severe disease category.

“The confirmation from the Department of Health (DOH) was released on May 12,” Langub said.

He confirmed that the vice Mayor has already received his first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.

But he said there was no guarantee that Dr. Murillo will not be contracted with the virus considering that he was not fully vaccinated.

Dr. Murillo was designated as the incident commander of the Emergency Operations and Command Center (EOCC) of Valencia City.

As of May 19, Valencia has 925 confirmed cases with 757 recoveries, 148 active cases, and 20 deaths.

Related Post

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR-10) is turning forest-dependent communities in Northern Mindanao into environmental partners through livelihood and reforestation programs In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to balance environmental protection and economic growth, DENR-10 hires residents for tree planting and maintenance and helps them secure...
MALAYBALAY CITY (BukidnonNews.Net / 12 May 2026) — Bukidnon lawmakers joined the House of Representatives in voting on the impeachment case against Vice President Sara Duterte after 257 lawmakers approved Committee Report No. 261, transmitting the articles of impeachment to the Senate for trial The House conducted a nominal voting during plenary session Monday, with...
TALAKAG, Bukidnon — About 2,000 families in Talakag town received subsidized rice on May 1 under the national government’s “Benteng Bigas Meron Na!” program, alongside a vegetable distribution activity led by the Office of the President As part of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s food security initiative, the rollout helps vulnerable households access affordable staples amid...